Without a full sense of ownership on the level of the European Council no EU Global Strategy will be effective
An entry point to understanding the role of the European Council in security policy
A quick search through this website shows the fundamental importance of the European Council for EU and security:
- European Council THE EU strategic review:
- Back from Brussels3 interesting days in Brussels on behalf of SIPRI. Met a number of senior and middle management former colleagues in the European Council, the EEAS and the European Commission.
- Internal/External Internal security strategy proposal to the European Council. http://t.co/tGQlRPi8J9 pic.twitter.com/gJkliZMt6o
- Russia - Ukraine European Council Conclusions – 20/21 March 2014 EUCO 7/1/14 REV 1 13 E 27. (click to get full text)
- The EU Strategic Review - a new European foreign and security strategy? EU global strategy process as mandated by the European Council for delivery in 2016:
- What did 9/11 bring to the discourse on human and state security? The European Council immediately ordered an across-the-board inventory of all possible contributions to counterterrorism. The fact that perhaps even the main attention was given to Justice and home affairs also led to the strong growth of that sector of ...
- CSDP and Defence Defence approach proposed to European Council http://t.co/tGQlRPi8J9 pic.twitter.com/6mM9xyrk8B
- Boat refugees and trafficking Tackling root causes of refugee crisis with the UN SG - Mogherini after the European Council pic.twitter.com/yLBCzeoMcJ
- 5.Institutional- legalon the HR/VP Mogherini, on the external relations Commissioners, on the role of the President of the European Council, the President of the European Commission and of course the key services; EEAS, Directorate generals and cabinets.
- Restrictive policies - sanctionsThe new European Council President Tusk plays a leading EU role on Ukraine/Russia. (ref article in die Welt)
- Russia: a window of danger during the coming two or three years from the economic and military perspectives The posture of the new president of the European Council Tusk, who is likely to take a strong role on the EU
- Maritime securityEuropean Union Naval Force - Mediterranean. On 23 April 2015, the European Council stressed that the Union will mobilise all efforts to prevent further loss of